Penallt is rather poorly served by broadband. Those living close to Redbrook receive an acceptable speed of over 2 Mbps but this dwindles to next to nothing in other parts. Little is likely to change unless residents take some action, the best way being to join the Penallt Broadband project.
This was followed up by the formation of the Penallt Broadband Association in early May 2012 to continue the work started in the previous months.
A village meeting was held on Wednesday 30th May 2012 - see here for a summary.
October 2013: "Two years on" - a report regarding the conclusion of the project.
July 2012: click here for a news story about developments since the village meeting and for the next steps
Other relevant information
November 2012 - what to do next?
- If you've been awarded a Welsh Assembly grant - click here
- If you haven't applied for a Welsh Assembly grant, but wish to join the scheme - click here
Overview of Penallt broadband problem and its solution:-
- What's the problem with Penallt's broadband?
- Why does it happen?
- What solutions are there?
- Third party providers
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):-
- November 12th village meeting
- November 2012 Press Release
- October 2012 update
- Applications now submitted
- Completing the WAG application form
- How to do the speed test
- Register your broadband speed
- Penallt broadband survey
- Feedback analysis (as at 06/03/2012)
- Broadband speed map of Penallt
- MCC survey paper copy
- Presentation to Pelham Hall Committee