Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
The village (map showing boundary) boasts some 200 houses (maps showing houses), two pubs (one being the 2012 AA Welsh pub of the year) and a fine village hall (Pelham Hall) with its tennis and cricket clubs.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here.
- Thu 15th November: Supper Night and 100 Club draw
- Sat 17th November: Car Boot Sale in Babington Meadow
- Thu 22nd November: Social Night in Pelham Hall
- Fri 23rd November: Films on The Narth - The Bromley Boys
- Fri 30th November: Choosing Wines (and cheeses) for Christmas
- Sat 1st December: Christmas Bazaar at Pelham Hall
- Thu 6th December: Fish n' Chips at Hall social evening
- Fri 7th December: Pastels Art Workshop in Pelham Hall
- Fri 14th December: Film Night at Pelham Hall - Sweet Country
- Fri 15th/16th February: Aladdin at Pelham Hall!
- Pelham Hall 25th anniversary celebrations
- Pelham Hall minutes for September 2018 meeting published
- October 2018 weather data
- The Boat Inn is For Sale - update
- October 100 club draw results published
- September 2018 weather data
- TUCC Councillor for Penallt vacancy
- Social Hall/pub supper night report
- A466 closure: 26 Sep to 3 Dec
- Social/Hall social night report
- Events: Fri 30th November: Choosing Wines (and cheeses) for Christmas
- Pelham Village Hall: Thu 22nd November: Social Night in Pelham Hall
- Committee: Pelham Hall minutes for September 2018 meeting published
- Pelham Village Hall: Thu 15th November: Supper Night and 100 Club draw
- Events: Fri 15th/16th February: Aladdin at Pelham Hall!