Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
The village (map showing boundary) boasts some 200 houses (maps showing houses), two pubs (one being a recent AA Welsh pub of the year), a fine village hall (Pelham Hall) with its tennis and cricket clubs, a farm shop and café and has recently brought high speed broadband to most of the district.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here. Find out what means here too!
- Sat 7th March: Quiz Night at Pelham Hall
- Sat 14th March: Wales vs Ireland live at Pelham Hall
- Sat 21st March: Italy vs Wales live at Pelham Hall
- Thu 2nd April: WI - Travels in Canada
- Fri 24th April: Burning Issues - Pre-election hustings
- Fri 1st May: Race Night at Pelham Hall
- Thu 7th May: WI - AGM & Penallt charities talk
- Thu 4th June: WI - A medieval Barber Surgeon
- Thu 2nd July: WI - Troy House
- Thu 6th August: WI - Walk and pub supper
- February 2015 weather dataA cool month with normal rainfall overall03/03/2015
- Church NoticesMarch newsletter now available20/02/2015
- Pelham Hall Committee minutes for last meetingNow published03/02/2015
- January 2015 weather datawetter than usual but with expected temperatures overall01/02/2015
- Burns' Night 2015was celebrated in high style at Pelham Hall28/01/2015
- Babington Meadow: Babington Meadow update - 2nd December 201405/03/2015 15:12
- Art in Penallt: Art in Penallt03/03/2015 18:33
- Art in Penallt: Exhibitors03/03/2015 18:14
- Events: Sat 7th March: Quiz Night at Pelham Hall03/03/2015 14:02
- Events: Quiz and supper night raises funds for Pelham Hall03/03/2015 13:39