Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
The village (map showing boundary) boasts some 200 houses (maps showing houses), two pubs (one being a recent AA Welsh pub of the year), a fine village hall (Pelham Hall) with its tennis and cricket clubs, a farm shop and café and has recently brought high speed broadband to most of the district.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here. Find out what means here too!
System.Exception: Error accessing http://www.monmouth-today.co.uk/rss/news/MonmouthshireBeacon.xml ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at Firefly.Util.RSSFunctions.UpdateUrl(String url) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Firefly.Util.RSSFunctions.UpdateUrl(String url) at Firefly.Util.RSSFunctions.GetStories(String url) at Firefly.Renderers.c_RSSXML.Generate(Int32 c_id, Int32 page, XmlTextWriter xmlwriter) at Firefly.Renderers.componentsXML.GenerateReportErrors(Int32 site_id, Int32 page, Boolean startEditor, XmlTextWriter xmlwriter, Boolean canreadpage, Boolean canwritepage, Boolean forexport, String showUserAnswersGuid, Int16 type, String showPageVersion, Boolean rewriteurls, Int32 userStatus_id, Nullable`1 inside_container_component_id)
The error has been logged and the administrator contacted.
- 100 club now launched to support Pelham HallMonthly draws and big cash prizes for those signing up16/07/2015
- Minutes for June TUCC meeting now publishedTUCC minutes and agendas are now regularly available15/07/2015
- BT Infinity coming to parts of PenalltShould be available later this summer14/07/2015
- Ten new houses proposed for PenalltAny comments to MCC are due by 29th July12/07/2015
- Penallt has a Royal visit todayCharles and Camilla drop in on Humble by Nature09/07/2015