Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
The village (map showing boundary) boasts some 200 houses (maps showing houses), two pubs (one being a recent AA Welsh pub of the year), a fine village hall (Pelham Hall) with its tennis and cricket clubs, a farm shop and café and has recently brought high speed broadband to most of the district.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here. Find out what means here too!
- Mon 20th April: Book Signing in Pelham Hall
- Fri 24th April: Burning Issues - Pre-election hustings
- Sat 25th April: Feliks Jazz Concert in Pelham Hall
- Fri 1st May: Race Night at Pelham Hall - cancelled
- Thu 7th May: WI - AGM & Penallt charities talk
- Mon 11th May: Pelham Hall AGM - all welcome
- Thu 4th June: WI - A medieval Barber Surgeon
- Thu 2nd July: WI - Troy House
- Thu 6th August: WI - Walk and pub supper
- Thu 3rd September: WI - High Glanau gardens
- Great response to new shop and cafe for PenalltHumble by Nature now open every day09/04/2015
- Draft minutes for March TUCC meeting now publishedTUCC minutes and agendas are now regularly available23/03/2015
- Kim Kimber 1921 - 2015Eulogy and photographs now published21/03/2015
- History Society goes high tech!Lidar survey gives fascinating insights into Penallt's landscape21/03/2015
- Eclipse visible in Penallt for first time in 15 yearsBlue skies allow superb views throughout20/03/2015
- Community Council: Meeting agendas15/04/2015 23:19
- Events: Fri 1st May: Race Night at Pelham Hall - cancelled15/04/2015 19:43
- Events: Sat 25th April: Feliks Jazz Concert in Pelham Hall13/04/2015 18:25
- Committee: Committee Home12/04/2015 18:02
- Pelham Village Hall: About Home12/04/2015 17:34