Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here. Find out what means here too!
- Wed 22nd May: Fish&Chips&a glass of wine at The Inn
- Wed 29th May: Curry Night at The Inn
- Sun 2nd June: Art in Penallt @ Ross car boot sale
- Thu 6th June: WI - A Knight Hospitaller surgeon
- Sat 22nd June: Penallt Summer Fete
- Sun 23rd June: The Narth Fun Run
- Thu 4th July: WI - Victorian Writers
- Thu 1st August: WI - Walk and Pub Supper
- Mon 26th August: Comedy of Errors in Babington Meadows
- Thu 5th September: WI - Phil Savoie, Wildlife Cameraman
Contact us by emailing the webmaster
- Spectrum Internet meet groups from each problem area 17/05/2013Potential solutions discussed - none is straightforward!
- Penallt cemetery update 14/05/2013Follow up to September 2011 public meeting
- Broadband project update 03/05/2013Two problem areas detract from overall success of scheme
- April 2013 weather data 02/05/2013Cool and fairly dry
- Spring courses at Meend Farm - Humble by Nature 24/04/2013Deals for Penallt residents
- Broadband: Spectrum Internet meet groups from each problem area 18/05/2013 10:16
- Recent News: Sun 23rd June: The Narth Fun Run 15/05/2013 21:40
- Events: Sat 22nd June: Penallt Summer Fete 14/05/2013 15:51
- Events: Penallt cemetery update 14/05/2013 15:20
- Art in Penallt: Penallt Art Festival 2013 14/05/2013 14:57