Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here.
VILLAGE LOCKDOWN PAGE - lists all lockdown information relevant to Penallt in the current crisis.
CORONAVIRUS AND PELHAM HALL
The Hall is now closed until further notice.
Coronavirus support: please check out our Penallt Support Network page here.
Helpline number: 0115 888 3090 (10 am until 12 noon, 7 days a week)
- Zipitty Doo Dah……..
- January 100 club draw results published
- Gwent Police Report for Trellech United - December 2020
- December 2020 weather data
- 2020 weather overview
- Major Wye flood for the second time this year
- Wettest in the UK?
- Undergrounding power lines in AONB
- Boundary change proposal - have your say
- Broadband fibre project details update