Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here.
- July 2019 weather data
- August 100 club draw results published
- Film night autumn programme now published
- NGS garden open day at Birch Tree Well
- Bastille Day Dinner in Pelham Hall - pictures and report!
- £10k Lottery grant for lift at Pelham Hall!
- Penallters charity cycle - Lands End to John O'Groats - update
- June 2019 weather data
- The Boat is Back!
- May 2019 weather data