Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
The village (map showing boundary) boasts some 200 houses (maps showing houses), two pubs (one being a recent AA Welsh pub of the year), a fine village hall (Pelham Hall) with its tennis and cricket clubs, and has recently brought high speed broadband to most of the district.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here.
- Fri 28th October: Films on The Narth - Love and Friendship
- Thu 3rd November: WI - the Mappa Mundi
- Thu 10th November: 100 club draw and village evening
- Fri 11th November: Pelham Hall Film Night - Sing Street
- Sat 19th November: Quiz Night at Pelham Hall
- Fri 25th November: Films on The Narth - Golden Years
- Thu 1st December: WI - Christmas meal
- Fri 9th December: Pelham Hall Film Night - Absolutely Fabulous