Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
The village (map showing boundary) boasts some 200 houses (maps showing houses), two pubs (one being a recent AA Welsh pub of the year), a fine village hall (Pelham Hall) with its tennis and cricket clubs, and has recently brought high speed broadband to most of the district.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here.
- Thu 8th December: Supper Club, 100 club BIG draw and village evening
- Fri 9th December: Pelham Hall Film Night - Absolutely Fabulous
- Sun 11th December: Bramble Bashing in Babington Meadow
- Thu 15th December: Narth Singers at Christmas in Pelham Hall
- Sat 24th December: Nativity at the Barn
- Fri 13th January: Pelham Hall Film Night - Ethel & Ernest
- Fri 10th February: Pelham Hall Film Night - Bridget Jones's Baby
- Fri 24th February: Films on The Narth - Hunt for the Wilderpeople
- Fri 10th March: Pelham Hall Film Night - Captain Fantastic
- Fri 24th March: Films on The Narth - A Street Cat Named Bob
- Home: November 2016 weather data
- Film Night: Fri 28th April: Films on The Narth - Arrival
- Film Night: Fri 7th April: Film Night at Pelham Hall - A United Kingdom
- Film Night: Fri 24th March: Films on The Narth - A Street Cat Named Bob
- Film Night: Fri 10th March: Pelham Hall Film Night - Captain Fantastic