Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
The village (map showing boundary) boasts some 200 houses (maps showing houses), two pubs (one being a recent AA Welsh pub of the year), a fine village hall (Pelham Hall) with its tennis and cricket clubs, and has recently brought high speed broadband to most of the district.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here.
Art in Penallt - 22 to 25 September 2016
- Wed 6th July: Pelham Hall Film Night - A Bigger Splash
- Thu 7th July: WI - Isambard Kingdom Brunel
- Thu 14th July: 100 club draw and village evening
- Sun 17th July: NGS garden opens at Birch Tree Well
- Fri 22nd July: Films on The Narth - Spotlight
- Thu 4th August: WI - Walk and Pub Supper
- Sun 14th August: Classic Car Show at Penallt CC (1 pm)
- Thu 1st September: WI - Monnow and Trothy wildlife
- Thu 6th October: WI - WW2 Auxiliaries in Monmouth
- Thu 3rd November: WI - the Mappa Mundi
- June 2016 weather data01/07/2016
- Agenda for July 6 Babington Committee meeting available29/06/2016
- June 100 club draw results published09/06/2016
- Penallt Babington Educational Trust grants available04/06/2016
- May 2016 weather data01/06/2016