Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here.
- Thu 26th September: Social Night in Pelham Hall
- Fri 27th September: Films on The Narth - Colette
- Sat 28th September: Gourmet Italian Dinner in Pelham Hall
- Thu 3rd October: Fish & Chips/Social at Pelham Hall
- Fri 11th October: Film Night at Pelham Hall - Fighting with my Family
- Fri 25th October: Films on The Narth - Late Night
- Fri 25th October: Oils Workshop in Pelham Hall
- Fri 8th November: Films on The Narth - Yesterday
- Fri 15th November: Film Night at Pelham Hall - Rocketman
- Fri 22nd November: Watercolour Workshop in Pelham Hall
- September 100 club draw results published
- B4293 closure will inconvenience Penallt residents
- Pelham Hall minutes for July 2019 meeting published
- New plans for the Inn at Penallt
- August 2019 weather data
- Film night autumn programme now published
- July 2019 weather data
- NGS garden open day at Birch Tree Well
- £10k Lottery grant for lift at Pelham Hall!
- Bastille Day Dinner in Pelham Hall - pictures and report!