Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here.
- Thu 5th March: Fish & Chips (NB earlier start)/Social
- Thu 12th March: Quiz Night at Pelham Hall
- Fri 13th March: Films at Pelham Hall - Knives Out
- Fri 13th March: Pelham Hall Oils Group Workshop 2
- Fri 27th March: Films on The Narth - Official Secrets
- Fri 3rd April: Films at Pelham Hall - Downton Abbey
- Fri 24th April: Films on The Narth - 1917
- February 100 club draw results published
- Record height of Wye at Penallt
- Cinderella at Pelham Hall - "the show was fantastic"
- January 2020 weather data
- Pig & Apple Wednesday Socials - Spring 2020
- December 2019 weather data
- 2019 weather overview
- TUCC involved in plan to improve safety etc in AONB
- Film night spring 2020 programme now published
- November 2019 weather data