Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here.
- Thu 17th October: Fish & Chips/Social and 100 Club draw at Pelham Hall
- Thu 24th October: Quiz Night at Pelham Hall
- Fri 25th October: Oils Workshop in Pelham Hall
- Fri 25th October: Films on The Narth - Late Night
- Fri 8th November: Films on The Narth - Yesterday
- Fri 15th November: Film Night at Pelham Hall - Rocketman
- Sat 16th November: 1940s night in Pelham Hall
- Fri 22nd November: Watercolour Workshop in Pelham Hall
- Fri 6th December: Film Night at Pelham Hall - Fisherman's Friends
- Sat 18th January: Pelham Hall Oils Group Workshop 1
- Severn Bridge closures - October/November 2019
- September 2019 weather data
- "All Things Italian" Dinner in Pelham Hall - pictures and report!
- September 100 club draw results published
- B4293 closure will inconvenience Penallt residents
- Pelham Hall minutes for July 2019 meeting published
- New plans for the Inn at Penallt
- August 2019 weather data
- Film night autumn programme now published
- July 2019 weather data