Welcome to the site
Penallt (also spelled Penalt) is a village standing on the high ground south of Monmouth, above the west bank of the River Wye in the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name can be translated from the Welsh as head or top of the (wooded) hill and, even though much of the land is now agricultural, this still seems appropriate when looking up from the river.
The village (map showing boundary) boasts some 200 houses, two pubs (one being a recent AA Welsh pub of the year), a fine village hall (Pelham Hall) with its tennis and cricket clubs, and has recently brought high speed broadband to most of the district.
This website, amongst other things, aims to provide information about the village, its history and its community and to act as a notice board for the wide variety of events held within its boundary. Details of how to use the website may be found here. Find out what means here too!
- Thu 4th September: WI - Travels in Myanmar
- Sat 20th September: War memorial rededication
- 24-28 September: Penallt Art Festival 2014
- Thu 2nd October: WI - A Wine Tasting
- Fri 3rd October: Burning Issues - "Love food, hate waste"
- Thu 7th November: WI - Talk and Wildlife Film
- Thu 4th December: WI - Christmas meal
of Penallt is hosting a major autumn art event ...
- Results day relief at Monmouth's Haberdashers schools 27/08/2014 11:41
- Outstanding GCSE results at Monmouth Comprehensive School 27/08/2014 11:39
- Trailblazer claims top spot at Jack's Dash 27/08/2014 11:30
- New prize in calendar competition 27/08/2014 11:27
- Post Office upgrade at Kings Fee 27/08/2014 11:26
- Coffee morning success 15/08/2014Over £200 raised for improved baby/child facilities at Pelham Hall
- Great response to new shop and cafe for Penallt 13/08/2014Humble by Nature announce new extended opening times
- 100 Year Old Car To Be At Penallt Classic Car & Bike Show 03/08/2014Grant Model TT will be the star attraction
- July 2014 weather data 01/08/2014Second warmest month in Penallt since records began
- Lone Lane is now open 21/07/2014but dangerous trees threaten re-closure
- Art in Penallt: 24-28 September: Penallt Art Festival 2014 23/08/2014 12:11
- Art in Penallt: Demonstrators 22/08/2014 12:10
- Art in Penallt: Jane Bennett 22/08/2014 10:47
- Art in Penallt: Artists 22/08/2014 10:45