The Wye Valley Walk passes through the parish of Penallt and there are many public footpaths and bridleways around the village which can be linked together to provide circular routes. Most roads and lanes are very quiet and make for excellent walking too.
The list below provides links to a range of walks with a Penallt interest:
- Wye Valley Walk - Chepstow to Monmouth section
- Penallt Pubs Circular - downloadable leaflet describing a circular walk which visits both the Inn at Penallt (described as The Bush) and the Boat Inn
- Walking World routes - several of those described are based on, or pass through Penallt; a subscription is needed to access details however
- Penallt walk - a loop from the village taking in the Old Church
- Penallt and Pen y Garn - Penallt crossroads - Tregagle bus stop - through Hoop - back in to Penallt - down to Penygarn farm - up the hill to Penallt
- Whitebrook railway track - through Penallt, down hill to Whitebrook, along railway track and up hill to finish
- Penallt to Tintern Abbey and return - a 19 mile route for a long day ...
- Peckett's Stone - Penallt - Tregagle bus stop - T junction at Whitebrook (left) - right into Peckett's Stone - right towards road - cut through - past Ty Mawr- right onto top road - back into Penallt
- Beacon Hill and Trellech Common - an 8.3 mile loop along quiet lanes and paths to Trellech Common, Beacon Hill and back to Penallt
- Baptist Chapel, Whitehouse Farm and The Argoed - a short and fairly flat circular route, nearly all off road
- Inn at Penallt, Troypark Wood, Church Hill Common and Probyn's Allotment - a circular route taking in a fabulous view over the Vale of Usk; an easy diversion to the Old Church is possible too