St Mary's Church, near Croes Vane, was erected as a Chapel of Ease in 1869, and used to share services with the Old Church. It contained a good organ and interesting lancet windows, but has little else of architectural importance. It became redundant in 2003 and has in recent years been converted into holiday accommodation by local architects, reflecting the style of the Arts and Crafts movement.
Other religious buildings are chapels of the Baptists (now being restored from a state of some disrepair), the Primitive Methodists (converted to a residence) and the Wesleyans (incorporated in farm buildings at Chapel Farm). Tymawr Convent, where the Society of the Sacred Cross, an enclosed Anglican order, which removed here in 1923 from the informal house of prayer founded in 1914 at Chichester, has its own chapel built of local stone, which is open to the public for prayer and times of quiet.