The draft minutes of the last meeting of the Trellech United Community Council, held on 10 December 2012, will shortly be available on the TUCC website. This is a summary of items of particular interest to Penallt.
- Planning application 00819, Penallt, Upper Meend Farm, change of use of existing redundant agricultural buildings into a rural skills and education centre. This was recommended for approval but with some reservations, which are summarised in the minutes of the meeting.
- The council agreed to register its ownership of the village greens to avoid ownership disputes in the future. The cost of this will be spread over at least two years.
- A working group was formed to look at the employment of a part-time maintenance person.
- The budget for 2013/14 was approved, and a copy is attached to the minutes. It was resolved to set a precept of £15,000 for 2013/14
- A grant of £500, payable on completion of the work, will be made towards the cost of the external painting of Pelham Hall.
The next meeting will be on Monday, 21 January 2013, 7 pm, at Catbrook Memorial Hall. The newly appointed Police and Crime Commissioner for Gwent, Ian Johnson, will talk about his role.