Applications for Art in Penallt due by 31st March 2017
We are inviting applications for Art in Penallt, now in its 7th year. With over 100 artists who have previously exhibited, we are also excited about finding new work to show. The deadline for applications is Friday 31st March.
This deadline is a month earlier than prior years as we are holding this
year’s event almost four weeks earlier than in previous years.
The Art in Penallt team look forward to following an
extremely successful 2016 event with another exhibition of two and three
dimensional work in Capel Pentwyn, demonstrations by artists and makers, some that children will love, as well as a variety of artist stalls displayed on the
adjacent Babington Meadow. There will also be a one day art workshop in
Pelham Hall. The event will open with a preview on the evening of Thursday
31st August and will run from Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd
Meadow events will take place over the weekend.
We take a commission of 40% on all sold artwork displayed in the gallery.
This year we will again have a sculpture garden outside for larger items that
are too big and too heavy to move. Items
displayed in this sculpture garden will be sold at 30% commission. We
have the facilities to sell prints and cards as well as original work. Last year 26 artists exhibited in Capel
Capel Pentwyn is an imaginatively converted church, a small but light building with excellent wall space, transformed once a year from a holiday home into an art gallery. Alongside it is Babington Meadow, a recreational field in the middle of the village, which becomes a marquee area for demonstrations by artists and makers. The two adjacent sites complement each other, the chapel being a calm, quiet space full of interesting, original artwork whilst the meadow is an animated centre of creativity.
Art in Penallt is a not for profit organisation whose aim is to organise an annual art
festival in the village of Penallt, near Monmouth, celebrating and selling a
wide variety of high quality artwork. We hope to stimulate interest and
enthusiasm amongst all age groups in the artistic process of creating a broad
range of art and craft forms; to raise money to cover costs; to invest in and
to support future ventures in the arts; to provide support to other
organisations with shared aims and to bring visitors to Penallt, benefiting the
whole community. Art in Penallt works in partnership with
Babington Meadow, a registered charity, and we enjoy collaborating with the Inn
at Penallt, Pelham Hall and Humble by Nature. We have
also developed a close association with Made in Monmouthshire and local
schools. Last year with proceeds from
the 2016 Festival we gave donations to both Babington Meadow and Bridges
Community Centre of Monmouth.
Applications should include:
• Artist’s statement and brief biography or CV.
• Five good images of your work. These need to be either good quality photographs of the work, with a clear background, up to A4 size or high-resolution jpegs no greater than 4MB please. One image should preferably have a portrait rather than a landscape orientation. Original artwork and CD submissions are not acceptable.
• Please include details of the size of the work framed, the medium and details of hanging / display requirements.
• Specify if you also intend to supply greeting cards and/or prints to
display in our browsers
For your information:
• The work is displayed on a “sale or return” basis.
• You are responsible for delivering the work and collecting it (if it has not been sold) on the agreed dates.
• The work must be clearly priced to include commission currently of 40% ... If the work is chosen for display in the garden we will change the price
to reflect a 30% commission.
• Insurance is the responsibility of the artist. The work in the gallery is not insured by Art in Penallt.
We try to choose a good blend of repeat artists along with a healthy
selection of artists new to our venue. We broadly aim to show an artist
for no more than two consecutive years, but are flexible with this approach
depending on the needs of the exhibition. Even if you have exhibited for
the past two years, please send in your application as it possibly may be chosen
again this year.
Please submit your application either by completing the online form below, or by email to email@example.com or by post to Art in
Penallt c/o Ann Bradley, The Nettles, Penallt NP25 4SE to be received by March
31st 2017 for selection in the first two weeks of April. We
will be in touch by May 10th with the outcome of the selection
process and further information for exhibitors.
For more details please look at our website www.artinpenallt.org.uk
, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit us on Facebook.
Application to exhibit for artists: